Saturday, July 01, 2023

On 17 and other various observations

 


July 1, 2006 this blog began.  Today marks it's 17th birthday.  Windsor Island has been a reliable friend over the past seventeen years, and with a bit of luck I can enjoy or endure 17 or more years. Happy Birthday.

Today is also the first instance since June of 1983 that I do not have an active provisional teaching license in the state of Ohio. I do have a permanent Non-Tax teaching license that was secured the year I taught in Assumption. I am not certain that it is as big of a deal as my head makes it, but it is definitely noteworthy how I have allowed my license to expire without any energy spent to renew it.

Summer Solstice passed a couple of weeks ago. Now the long descent into darkness. I seem to be waiting, but I am not exactly quite certain as to what I am waiting for. I am 100% certain that whatever it is, it will not be welcomed.  Well.... maybe only 90% certain. Which I suppose isn't really all that certain. 

I have spent some time submitting citizen research to the National Holocaust Museum. That project came to a conclusion yesterday. I found it interesting to say the least. Learning about the resources available through the Library of Congress held my interest for most of the past six months.  Now it will be time to move along to another similar project.  

July 2023.  It is with hope it produces a positive experience.

Peace


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home