Monday, July 31, 2023

So Long and Hello

 

Said good bye today to the Sonata.  It was quite possibly the vehicle that I was the most proud to own.  Even though it was made in Korea, even my father liked riding in it. It was traded in due to having some new leaking issues that would have cost in excess of $3600 to repair. It had outlived its drive battery warranty by 59,000 miles and two years. Since retirement for me, I drove it less and less. It was great to me.  I will miss it badly. 



Today we said hello to a 2023 Hyundai Venue Limited. Negotiated a deal for $30,000 cash. It is nice. I am not personally in love with the two tone denim color with a white roof. Suzanne is pleased. I simply know that we had to have a back up vehicle to provide peace of mind. The Elantra will now become the back up vehicle.  So hello Venue. Hopefully you will be a solid decision.

This past weekend Allison spent some time on Windsor Drive, staying Friday night through Sunday afternoon.  She is a fine young lady. She has a ton of personality. Her even demeanor when she wakes up in the morning is remarkable. She always grins and waves hello. Simply great.... Let me say that again.... Simply great.

It was unnerving to find out last night that my mother-in-law's home was broken into by a neighbor. Apparently the neighbor had spent three days making himself at home. He has a history of issues ranging from sexual assault to animal cruelty. He also has displayed some evidence of mental illness.

One last thought about today. It is the final day of July. August arrives in about three and a half hours. I find myself being anxious about August. I have been feeling the historical pull to prepare for the upcoming school year.  One major problem exists. There is no upcoming school year for me. Not only for 2023-24.... but no upcoming school year ever again. How pathetic. 

So long Sonata and July. Hello Venue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home