Going Going Gone...
September, regular season baseball are coming to an end. Today is the last day of September. Tomorrow is the last day of of the regular season for Major League Baseball.
September has been a fairly rapid month. The weather was sunny and for the most part dry. Historically I have always admired September. Its weather, its birthdays, the sky, and the overall feel of things. I didn't always enjoy September when I was athletic directing due to the grueling pace. Now that I can enjoy September, I am unable to comfortably travel or walk any distance. Ironic.... but not really.
Baseball wraps up tomorrow. The Orioles have won the American League East and secured the home field advantage throughout the playoffs leading up to the World Series. Just two years ago the franchise lost 110 games. Going into tonight's game 161 their record is 100-60. I have consumed about 90% of the games this season and kept a scorecard for at least 130 of the games. I have for the most part enjoyed keeping book. It keeps me focused and frankly it is somewhat reassuring that there is a written record of my existence. As it currently stands, the Orioles are most likely going to play the winner of the Tampa vs. Toronto series. While I don't expect to win the World Series, I am very much looking forward to chasing that opportunity.
This past week Brooks Robinson passed. He has always been my favorite player of all time. It was humbling to see the outpouring of sentiment by the people of Baltimore and his former teammates. Obviously the passing was painful for me. Another of my childhood heroes gone.
Going.... Going... Gone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home