Monday, October 09, 2023

October Chill


Today is the ninth day of October. The chill is on.  After having multiple days last week in the mid 80s, we seem to have settled into a pattern of 60 degree days with lower 40s overnight.  Usually I am a fan of the cool off, but for some reason this year, I am not.  I suspect that I am brutally reminded of my negligence of addressing the house in general and windows in specific. I am not particularly proud of that. 

The leaves have not turned much as of yet, but I suspect it will be just around the corner. I have read several places where next week is predicted to be the prime color for northern Ohio. I will go out on a limb and predict about ten to fourteen days out for peak here in Wood County.

I am really sad that nothing has come of 114 Robrock. Jenny seems stuck and I don't know how to best help her move forward with removing the contents.  I don't want to offend her, and I have had two talks about the need to proceed.  I worry a little that I am just going to snap and get very very blunt. I don't prefer to do that, but.... I have very few choices remaining.   One last calm chat is in order, and then.... well... we'll see. 

This past week Allison's birthday was celebrated. First on Wednesday, her actually birthday she enjoyed a frosted pumpkin cupcake encrusted with her favorite cheerios. On  Saturday a very large family gathering in Ballville at the the fire department hall.  I would guess about 50-60 people attended. Allison did great.  Her consumption of the pumpkin birthday cake was classic. Frosting covered her face, hands, arms, and a good portion made it to her hair.  She never once fussed the entire time.  She is a dandy. I am pleased to share a name with her. 

Stay positive. October is in charge and will do what she always does. 
Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home