Sunday, November 19, 2023

Somber

 


Somber: so shaded as to be dark and gloomy; of a series mien; of a dismal or depressing character; melancholy; conveying gloomy suggestions or ideas; of a dull or heavy shade

This is me this weekend. I have been flying solo since Friday morning as my significant other has gone to Southern Ohio along with some of her high school classmates. Communication has been adequate, but I must admit to being a bit on the somber side. Today she is headed to her sister's home near Dayton for a family gathering. I suspect that she will stay the night. More somberness in store for me. 

----

Thanksgiving is on the near horizon. #2, wife, and granddaughter will be here Thursday. 

----

This past week I was summoned for jury duty. It was stressful preparing for the event. I went so far as to purchase a walking tool to lower my stress level. I hate that.  Upon arrival at the courthouse, I checked in and was given $40 cash.  Jurors were to have checked in by 9:00 a.m.  At 9:15 a.m. the judge appeared and stated that a plea had been entered and that we jurors were excused from any further commitment.  It was somewhat surreal.  I am glad that I do not have to stress about it any longer.

----

I have become incredibly frustrated with my youngest sister. She doesn't seem to sense my urgency to move her items out of the house on Robrock St. I do not want to be ugly. I want progress made.  I don't quite understand why her significant others do not assist her in clearing the house of her possessions. Frustrating. 

----

As I re-read this post, I am ashamed. I am specifically ashamed about the sheer number of first person singular pronouns written. How self-centered I have become. Perhaps this is the root of my somberness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home