Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Diggers

 


Diggers. 

We are currently undergoing a total rebuild of Windsor Drive. The construction process is long overdue, and welcomed..... well sorta... 

The process has made it to 143 and as a result the intrusion is real. The daily dig begins about 6:30 am or so and ends somewhere around 9:00 pm. The size and power of the equipment is impressive. The anxiety it creates for me is also impressive. My mind has conjured up an assortment of disasters that are possible.  I have imagined everything between a ruptured/exploding gas line to the foundation of our house cracking and crumbling.  

Now notice that I started this post with the statement that the construction is/was welcome. Why can't I just leave it at that without the sheer terror that I am going to be incapacitated for life?  I have absolutely zero control over the situation. I cognitively know that. Yet.. all I continually dwell upon is the potential for disaster.   None-the-less, I welcome the upgrade to our street. 

On another note, I will be mailing the real estate tax payment for Windsor Drive today. It is remarkable to me that it is almost exactly double the real estate cost for Robrock Street. I just know that after today's mail pick up, our tax liability for real estate has been met for another year. 

Allison spent the day yesterday. It was simply glorious. Peek-a-boo with bear and Cheerio consumption were among life's greatest hits.  Thank goodness she brings such energy to the Island. She is a definite plus. She enjoyed the diggers a great deal and was elated when one of the workmen saw her watching in the window and waved.  Her smile was priceless. 

Do your best to stay positive during these gray days of winter. Spring is still a ways away. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home