Sunday, February 18, 2024

An Unusual February

 


It is an unusual February.  The weather has been unusually fair. The past two days have been the coldest so far and we even were blessed with about an inch of snow.  The wind blows cold the past two days. 

I have been away from posting here. No real reason, but still disappointing that I have not managed the time to stop through and drop a few lines. 

My brother called and chatted for over an hour Thursday. Friday evening he texted that the Hicksville members of his family are about to be without a home due to a financial blunder. I have to admit that it is troubling to me. I feel I should help. I feel that I can't trust them to do what is right. I feel...  therein lies my problem. I feel instead of I know. 114 Robrock continues to be a major issue for me. It is if it is a siren. It lures me towards danger. It is my home. It is where I began to realize my day to day existence.  Yet I allow my youngest sister to hold me hostage over being there, and now two nieces are possibly part of the equation. 

The digging and street construction project continues, even though it has moved about four houses to the north. It weighs on my toleration for noise and disruption. Hopefully the construction will progress steadily and will soon be completed. 

Basketball season is hitting it's stretch run for high school boys and has about 6 to 8 games left in the regular season for college basketball. It is notable that Jake Diebler has been selected to be the interim head coach at Ohio State. His passion for the game has always been evident. It will be interesting to see how that situation plays out at the conclusion of the season. 

February.... Just a bit over half gone.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home