Saturday, March 02, 2024

March and Helping

 


March has arrived as a lamb. After a rough past Tuesday and Wednesday, things have calmed down and the temperatures are slowly on the rise. 

This past week has been spent helping. Specifically helping my brother's two oldest daughters obtain shelter. They were informed that the person that had been providing them shelter had stopped paying the mortgage payment and that they would have to be out of their residence on March 1. 

Seeing no help on the horizon, I stepped up and provided $15,750 to purchase a used mobile home. Asking my youngest sister to inspect and help advise them, the purchase was completed along with title transfer and insurance procured. To hear their upbeat voices express gratitude was a positive for me.   I can't help but wonder if they can successfully manage the situation or how much intervention will have to be made on their behalf. 

Helping is something at the root of my being. I help often at a massive price to my physical and mental being. This helping hand episode is no different.  The mental anguish that I have struggled through in making this assist has been significant.  Why?  I am no longer employed. The fronted money cut the Bryan savings account in half. I am an adult and I know that there are consequences both good and bad for my actions. Am I disappointed that my brother is unable or unwilling to do what I just did? Yes. However, the bottom line is that my two nieces will have shelter and be able to continue being employed. That is doing what had to be done. 

Helping.... that is the theme of this past week.  Maybe March 2024 is going to be about helping. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home