Vernal Equinox, Street Construction, and Basketball
At 11:06 p.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time Spring arrives in Northwest Ohio. The weather is more of a mid February style with a cold 20 mph wind blowing and the temperatures in the middle to upper 30s. Still the fact that there is more daylight than dark is a spiritual victory. It seems a little unusual that it falls on the 19th day of March rather than the typical 21st or 22nd. None the less it is here and welcomed.
Street reconstruction continues. It seems as though the continual drone of the machinery and the relentless war on dust and dirt is ever present. I have said it multiple times, I will endure to earn the reward of a reasonable street free or at least semi-free of potholes and broken up asphalt and sidewalks. It has been a long 30 year endurance of less than respectable conditions.
The state basketball tournaments begin this coming Thursday at the University of Dayton. It seems simply impossible that the last time I attended was six years ago. I use to enjoy it so much. Now it is but a memory. Simply sad.
Enjoy the daylight, September is but six months away.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home