Strife
Strife is the theme of our nation. This past week the current president of the country announced that he was withdrawing his bid for reelection. The current vice president has announced that she is now pursuing the position through the 2024 general election. Historical events are not uncommon in this day and age. While I am somewhat surprised by this turn of events, I can not help but wonder if it bodes well for the Republican candidate or for that matter either party. Our national psyche is fractured. The political parties are but one instance of strife. It is everywhere.
On another note, the street project is proceeding. We received a letter outlining the remaining parts of the project that is slated to be finished August 15. I have my reservations. The actual first layer of asphalt is to arrive tomorrow. In the meantime the driveway remains unavailable and parking is accommodated at the old site of the elementary school. I am more than ready for this project to be completed.
Strife. Relentless from now until forever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home