Thursday, November 21, 2024

Driving, Hall of Fame, and Departure

 

Yesterday I was a risk taker. 

For the first time in two months I drove.  I am also pretty certain was the first time I have driven after sunset since May of 2022. I am pleased that there were no moving violations nor accidents of any type. It sort of gave me some confidence.  Once again my risk was faced head on and accomplished. Without doubt, more of that sort of mindset needs to be a part of my day to day life.

Last evening was the annual Athletic Hall of Fame Committee meeting.  It was once again held at the new multi-use building. This visit was much smoother than the last. Two deserving candidates were inducted. My research was used extensively for one. A ton of respect for her. 

It is absolutely necessary to note that earlier this afternoon, the daughter of Mr. Morrison called to inform me of his passing. I will miss him immensely.  He was a great mentor for me while I was in the athletic director's office, and had become a close friend since my retirement. The world lost a true professional and great human being.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home