Wednesday, November 06, 2024

Election. Eleven, and Shadows

 




It has been an unusal start to the month of November. 

Yesterday was the 2024 General Election in the United States of America. After an extremely contentious campaign season president 45 reclaimed the office to become president 47. The election was projected to be close with basically seven states up for grabs to determine the winner.  I listened to results coming in until about 10 or 10:15.  I woke up this morning to find that the Republican candidate for President had secured enough electoral votes to be declared the winner. While it was not a stunner that he won the electoral college, the fact that he won the popular vote by about six million was definitely a stunner.  I also learned that the incumbant Democratic Party Senator had been unseated and that several state and local issues championed by the Republican Party had also won. 

I have spent a good portion of the day analyzing results and consuming a variety of newscasts about the election. The consensus seems to be that a very different United States of America would be evolving or devolving out of the next four years. With the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches unduer Republican majorities the founders' goal of establishing a series of checks and balances will be nonexistant.  My political science/history training causes me to be very very concerned. 

What an incredible difference twenty-four hours makes in the national psyche.

Yesterday also marked eleven years since my father's passing.  There isn't a single day that goes by without me thinking of him.   As I am being more active on Robrock St. I suspect I will always look at matters there through the lens of what would he want done.  I miss him badly. 






On Monday out of the blue three shadows from days gone by touched base. All three were unprompted. Extremely unusual for two and not particularly common for the third. 

Stay steady and be alert to the shadows. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home