Saturday, May 31, 2025

Good Bye May 2025

 


Good bye May 2025.

May has quickly passed and other than Aunt Orpha's stroke and some unfavorable weather, it has been an ok month all in all.  The good news about Aunt Orpha is that she is back home after three days in the hospital and seems to be on the mend. Her caregiver, Hope, has been very kind in keeping me updated on Aunt Orpha's recovery that seems to be going very well. 

I have been battling a sinus/sore throat event now for about two weeks. I have given in and taken some over the counter meds, but I am not gaining ground. Hopefully it will take a turn soon, before I am forced to pay a visit to the urgent care or the doctor's office. 

Given my opening statement about May being an ok month, followed with the down side of things, it would be prudent to add a few good things to balance the ledger. Progress with updating the house is moving along in a positive manner. New siding has been ordered and a painting of the awnings and the front porch rail completed.  Investigated and asked for a quote on removing the television tower has also been completed.  We also upgraded to fiber optic internet service which increased our speed five fold and reduced the price from $130 a month to $65 a month.  More speed with drastically reduced cost. Win  Win Win Win.

With Suzanne's switch to Medicare Health Insurance, I received a nice $1200 a month raise in my pension.  That really put a smile on my face. Very positive. 

Stay alert and be positive, and who knows.... maybe some more positive things will come to be. 

Good bye May 2025. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home