Janus Visits and #65
Late arrival. No excuses. So disappointing.
A look backward through last year's predictions....
1. I will continue to slip away both physically and cognitively.
Under statement. Cancer, malnutration, and a-fib. 35 radition treatments, 7 chemotherapy sessions. Electrolytes totally out of whack leading to stays of more than 40 days of hosipitalization. A feeding tube. Six weeks in a nursing home and countless trips to the Perrysburg Cancer Center.
Slip doesn't come close.... kinda like calling the Grand Canyon a ditch.
2. #2 will continue to be a success as a husband, dad, and on the professional front.
Spot on. Exceeding my expectations 100 fold. Incredibly proud of him on every front. Allison grows both physically and intellectualy leaps and bounds each week. Her memory is amazing.
3. As to #1 .... Nothing will change in regard to his hiatus from Ohio, but I predict that given the remarkable decline of his significant other's health, major changes are coming for him in 2025.
Slightly off here. A surprise visit at the end of August, otherwise as distant as ever. As to his significant other...... zero change on any front.
4. The course of our country will continue to expereince increased division both on the political and cultural front.
Division and decline on every front. Rioting, violence, refusal to comply with Supreme Court decisions. Killing citizens in Minnesota. Dark days in America.
5. Renovations will continue both on Windsor Drive and on Robrock St.
Major win with new siding on Windsor Drive. Freshly painted awnings on the front porch and over the windows on the second floor. No big improvements on Robrock St. We did upgrade to a tall toilet there, but have not been there to use it yet. Some of the foot dragging in Bryan is due to my cousin spending the summer there.
Now forward into 2026.
1. The physical challenges will continue to be a mountain.
I use a wheel chair. I can not do the steps upstairs at this time. I can not go to the basement to shower. I can not sit up in a chair for more than an hour without breaking down. My throat isn't healed even though the trach has been removed now for just under three weeks. Got to get back to eating food orally and get rid of the feeding tube. Plenty of work to do here.
2. Son #2 will sail forward successfully.
No reason to think otherwise. His role at work continues to expand. His wife and daughter will smile and stay healthy.
3. Son #1 will struggle being a free lance photographer social media consultant.
There simply isn't enough structure. He is a known procrastinator. His living arranged economic safety net makes him comfortable. No true sense of urgency. I just don't know how to help him.
4. The state of the country will continue to be divided and violence will spread beyond Minnesota.
It will be interesting to see how the 2026 midterm election will go. The drive to gerrymander to gain seats is going to make an impact. Immigration will drive the violence.
5. More work to be done on Windsor and Robrock.
Would really like to redo the bathroom plumbing and kitchen on Windsor. Front porch and interior painting on the docket for Robrock.
Today I turn 65.
Today is the 23rd anniversay of my mom's passing.
Today I was told by the oncology lead physician that Friday's PET scan results were excellent. No cancer present. That's a big win.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home